As part of the American Ambulance Paramedic Career Pathway, we are proud to announce our EMT Training Academy. The Academy is a 10-week, hybrid program that consists of two required in-person classroom sessions per week, as well as weekly online sessions (modules can be live or recorded). The clinical phase of class will consist of ambulance ride-alongs.
Those completing the Academy and passing National Registry may be eligible for employment as an EMT with American Ambulance. American Ambulance EMTs are eligible to be sponsored to Paramedic training in as little as 6 months.
- Must be 18
- Valid California Driver License
- High School diploma or GED
- Reliable internet connection
- A laptop, tablet or other device that allows for online coursework and participation
All prospective students must pass an assessment exam that consists of basic first aid and science (approx. 7th grade level) related questions; prior EMT knowledge is not required. There is a $5 fee to take the assessment exam. Those accepted into the Academy will have the $5 credited toward the course tuition.
2023 Class Dates
- August 30th – November 1st (approximate)
- Required in-person sessions are held on Wednesdays and Thursdays
American Ambulance Training Center
292 Herndon Ave., Clovis
Just W/O 168 & Herndon, next to the Volkswagen dealership
- Tuition is refunded after one year of full time employment
How to Apply
- EMTs at American Ambulance start at approximately $49,000 per year ($4,083/month)
- Starting Paramedic pay is $68,500 – $85,600 per year ($5,708 – $7,133/month)
- Full time employment includes full benefits (health insurance, paid vacation/sick, 401(k), etc.)